Who and how applications are accepted?
The EMS Education Committee will select 20 school student participants.
Main target: Students of grade 12 or younger in school year 2022-2023 who exhibit high interest and ability in mathematics and are considering careers in mathematics.
Selection will be based on the following criteria (the Selection Committee reserves the right to extend the list, if necessary):
- IMO medals, other awards of excellence, recommendation letter by a mathematician;
- One page maximum personal statement and motivation letter;
- Applicants may be invited to an online interview;
- Approval by parents/guardian, if selected;
- Confirmation that participant is able to cover travel expenses to and from Krakow international airport in Poland.
The students will be offered free accommodation and food for 5 days at a venue near the host university. Students arriving before or after the official days will have to cover the additional accommodation expenses. The organizers are trying to establish further funding in order to support students, at least partly, with some travel expenses. When further funding is secured the organizers will inform the selected students.
- National Mathematical Societies, members of the EMS, can propose 2 students of the target group mentioned above. In such a case the applications may be submitted by
the Societies or provide a letter of selection to the students to include in their application.
- Individuals who like to apply can submit their application directly.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY: https://click.pstmrk.it/2ts/forms.gle%2FuzoSBQVZPmdSFsnK9/cZNCJDcN/Ruwr/Xt7ORRp6bq
Deadline of application: 20 May 2023
Selection and approval by the EMS Education Committee: 30 May 2023